2.26.2009

I had a dream last night that I sat down with a dear friend that I haven't sat down with in a very long time.  She and her mom came to my door while I was studying for something, I was surprised because I thought they were upset with me and wouldn't come over like that.  We talked for a little while and then my friend left, I was sad because I thought I wouldn't see her again, but a few minutes later she came back with a plate, she took off the lid and there was a cinnamon cake underneath.  It wasn't a fancy cake, very homemade, but so moist and crumbly.
We all sat down at a little table by the window and my friend dished up the cake on little plates and we ate it.   Forgiveness and friendship are real and fragile things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this. i also love your library experiences. yesterday i had the oddest homesickness for orem library. so many memories...

zlb said...

so true. and i treasure your friendship. it made me so happy to see you the other night, albeit surrounded by other loved ones and across and down the table.