2.19.2009

Spring

I think the first days of spring are coming.  I have the flu today and so have wandered aimlessly about my house for most of the day, but around 4:15 I went and sat on the front steps.  Zippy, who was busy chewing pieces off of the whale bone we have on our deck stopped mid-action and stared at me through the wooden slats.  (The whale bone was a wedding gift from my dad's archeology boss, and as to why a silly dog would like to chew on it, I can't entirely explain the behavior)  She started barking and jumping up and down, which cued Weezer, the older and blacker dog to also squeeze her head through the slats and bark incessantly at me.  In my state of nausea, I did little but look back at them and bask in the fact that my feet were barefoot on the concrete, the sky was blue and someone was riding by on their bicycle.  The air seemed lighter, the voices of neighborhood kids seemed like spring voices, snow was melting.  It may have been a bought of fever however, as I came inside and promptly opened every window and door in the house, only to realize while I'm sitting here now, it is a little chilly out there.  Nonetheless, I'll stick to my claims in saying that spring is on its way!

4 comments:

Liz Lambson said...

I don't think it's the flu! I feel it too! I wore short sleeves to work for the first time in months, and I feel this warm glow emanating from my arms--not a winter thing. P.S. I really want to get together sometime!

A and O said...

Spring IS on it's way!!!

pandabeard said...

I miss slate canyon. I miss having a stoop.

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

Spring is definitely in the air and emerging from the earth and within our universe! It has been a lovely week for outdoors here in Portland. Community gardening and parks, that's the ticket.