2.22.2010

Surprise.

Some of you may have been tricked into thinking that I am busy getting an MFA in creative writing. Really, I just paint birds and fish under said guise. Just kidding, I actually do write papers, and essays and poetry that will maybe someday come to fruition, but in the meantime, here are some new little guys. Flaming who never quite fit in, at least in high school.
The prettiest bird in town.
Seagull who would happily, and sneakily steal your sandwich on the beach.
Very smart and contemplative bird who has been pacing around the study for hours.
Sandpiper who is wearing a new suit for work.

9 comments:

A student midwife said...

I think I would really like to be friends with Sandpiper.

darcie said...

did i ever mention how much i loved the kookaburra?

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

I love you and all of your heartfelt creations. I am soooo sad that I won't be coming down with Matt.

zlb said...

love these birds. love you. i'm coming to davey and sara's party and have a hair appointment in slc on saturday morning . .. i'm hoping i get to see you? xoxo

kathy w. said...

I love that you do things that keep you sane and happy. I should have done more of that while I was in the program. No wonder you write such lovely stuff.

shelly said...

Your art is so AMAZING!!!

Lindsey P said...

oh these birds are go great! your descriptions match them perfectly. i feel as if i know them.

shelly said...

We go to the beach at least twice a week so that Rick can throw bread to greedy seagulls exactly like this.

Lanette said...

You've got talent! I want to hear what the MFA Creative Wrting program is like. It sounds fun! So apparently I've been texting and leaving voicemails for a number that is not yours. Oops! And I don't have your real phone number. So, can you let me know when we could come visit you? Maybe on Sunday sometime? Just shoot me an email (lanijo25@gmail.com) or text or call me =)