5.15.2010

Summer Creative Writing Class


Getting a degree in creative writing has the potential to be a fairly inward endeavor. I don't think that is a bad thing, in fact, in many ways, it has been so important for me to confront myself on level of writer, but I also miss collaborating with people. I've been feeling like I really need to up my game and take action to be a part of my community. I've had this idea simmering for a while now, but per usual, there are so many 'what if's', 'what if I can't's', etc, etc... Sometimes though, I'm compulsive, there are times when it serves me well, any many times when it hasn't, but hopefully, this is a time that will work out. I've made the fliers, emailed teachers, started making lesson plans, have been getting really excited, now... all I need are some students....If you know anyone that fits the bill, or even if you are interested, but maybe don't fit the bill, please let me know or pass the information along. The idea is that we will learn and do a lot of cool things together.

9 comments:

LJ said...

I would've done this class with you in a heartbeat.

emi. said...

i've been wanting to do something like this too. can we get together sometime? i'll call you.

i'll post this on facebook. will you take people older than 17?

RayRay said...

I wish i could be in this class!!! If it was fridays, I would definitely do it. And if i could pass as 17.

I hope you do more classes!!

Bayley Brook said...

so..........do i have to pay.......

shelly said...

I was thinking, "Bayley should go for sure!" If I were the right age, I'd be there. What lucky students -- so fun!

Unknown said...

This class maybe makes me want to move back to Provo...

Unknown said...

...and also be 14-17.

david. said...

why only girls?

crissy // mama boss said...

Wow, this sounds like so much fun! I've never wished to be 17 again until right now.